- Code of the programLEA.CC
- In effect since2015
- Number of classes10 (660 Hours)
- Number of internships 1 (255 Hours)
- Total duration915 Hours / 24 Months
Students enrolled in Canada College’s Database Administration AEC program will develop a broad knowledge of the database development, design, implementation, maintenance and administration as well as Database Administrator’s tasks such as design system performance, querying the database using SQL scripts, database security and backup & recovery. They will master the technical aspects of database administration, using several tools and platforms.
Upon the successful completion of the study program, these technicians will be able to:
- Write and implement data management policies, standards and business models.
- Perform research on data needs, data collection, data management policies, and access rules and data security and write the relevant checklists.
- Implement database administration software, create databases, structure databases, create files and store data in databases and files.
- Develop policies and procedures to access databases via networks or the Internet, as well as for their data backup & use in the event of accidental loss.
- Conduct research and advise other information systems professionals on the collection, availability, security and uses of data.
- Write scripts on procedures and triggers.
- Evaluate data base performance and database improvement.
- Lead and coordinate data transmissions teams for the development & implementation of policies with respect to standards and data models
International students are eligible for post graduate working visa.
*Financial assistance from the Government of Québec is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
List of Courses
|The Job Functions of Database Administrator
|Analysis of Information Systems
|Installation of Network Applications
|Advanced Database Programming
|Database Servers Administration
||Total: 915 Hours/ 24 Month
- Web Development Techniques
- Information Systems Analysis
- Project management MsProject 2013/2016
- SQL Programming, and PLSQL Developer
- Technical support in computer
- Application Network Installation
- Advanced Database Programming with Pl / SQL, Oracle 13g
- Administration Oracle Developer, PL / SQL
- Administering Microsoft Cloud technology database servers
- Oracle Database Platforms
- Software Development PHP, JAVA, MySql
Please contact us to view Tuition Fees
In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must meet one of these conditions:
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent education recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec (M.I.C.C.)
- Have interrupted their studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year
- Have completed at least one year of postsecondary staggered over a period of one year or more
- Be covered by an agreement between the College and an employer.
Candidates with no training or experience in computer science will have to pass a selection test for the assessment of their knowledge.
All applicants to an Attestation of Collegial Studies (AEC) program must have sufficient oral and written skills in the program instruction language. The College may require that a candidate, whose mother tongue is neither French nor English, to take a standardized language test or a test prepared on site. The minimum level of proficiency in French required to study in a French language programme is B2 according to the Niveaux du Conseil de l’Europe. To be admitted to an AEC program in English, the minimum score required at the International English Language Test System (IELTS) is 6.0. These results can be compared to other levels of standardized tests.
Documents Needed for your Admission
- Application form duly completed
- Copy of diploma and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- Professional certificate or work certificate (Option)
- Birth certificate
- Copy of Passport (International Student)
- Proof of address
- 2 photos
- Admission fee : $ 50 CAD
- Registration fee : $ 200 CAD