AEC - Early Childhood Education
The early childhood education techniques program, lasting 1200 hours, is given in four 15 week sessions including two internships in CPE or family child care.
This will be of interest to whoever would like to work with children ages 0-12 year. The program covers the fundamental skills needed to meet the
specific needs of each child; to ensure a safe and healthy living environment; contribute to the development and improvement of the quality of
services offered by the daycare.
In addition, this program will enable students to develop emotional maturity, patience, self-confidence, sense of responsibility, ability to communicate and to develop activities to support the child's needs.
Employment prospects are very good in this area and the placement rate is 90%. Graduates can work in many types of existing childcare services such asin family-run childcare centers, school-based child care, kindergartens and daycares. The student’s versatility is an important element because they must be able to practice in each of these care settings.
Section 20 of the Regulations on early childhood and Article 10 of daycare Regulations specify that child educators must hold a First Aid
certificate issued within the last 3 years upon completion of their training. The First Aid course must be at least eight hours in duration.
*Financial assistance from the Government of Québec is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
List of Courses
- • Human Growth & Development I
- • Foundations of Early Childhood Education
- • Creative Arts for Young Children
- • Observing & Recording Young Children
- • ECE Observation Practicum
- • Creative Movement & Music
- • Guiding and Caring for Young Children
- • Human Growth & Development II
- • Health, Safety and Nutrition
- • This program include an internship
Please contact us to view 2017-2018 Tuition Fees
Eligibility for this program is met by applicants who satisfy any of these conditions:
You have a high school diploma (DES) or equivalent level of education recognized by the by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles du Québec (M.I.C.C.)
Hold a deemed sufficient training and meet one of the following conditions:
a) You have interrupted their studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year
b) You have completed at least one year of postsecondary staggered over a period of one year or more
c) You are covered by an agreement between the College and an employer.
Documents Needed for your Admission
- • Application form duly completed
- • Copy of diploma and transcripts
- • Curriculum Vitae
- • Professional certificate or work certificate (Optional)
- • Birth certificate
- • Copy of Passport (International Student)
- • Proof of address
- • 2 photos
- • Admission fee : $ 50 CAD
- • Registration fee : $ 200 CAD